Wednesday 2 December 2009

Influences...and a bit of fun



This is by far the most influential thing for me when it comes to pixilation and stop motion. Robot Chicken is a TV show created by Seth Green. It uses toys of all types to create simple, short sketches. Some of the skecthes are obscure references to old TV shows or childhood stories, and others are based on more famous (or infamous) things. This skecth for example is based on both the X men and the Police Academy movies. I like the fact that the show uses a combination of toys we have probably all played with at some stage, and custom toys pieced together from parts of other toys. For the most part the characters are instantly recognisable, helping to draw the viewer in, and the comedy is random, bordering obsurd. All in all i love it and as far as influences go I think this is definetly a big one. I like is so much I have all 3 series out on DVD so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment