Wednesday 13 October 2010

Orrery...yeah I had the same look on my face ¬¬



So this is known as an Orrery. An accurate one shows our solar system in a simple way and how the planets orbit our sun. Mine, dear friends, is not as yet accurate. So forgive the rather fast inner planet but this was mainly to give me a taste of getting a basic animation to work, and in this respect it has done. Whilst making this model, and through the seminar I learnt about Hierarchy and what parts have to be slaved to what. The actual term is linked to but it gets the same meaning across. I also added some extra moons to some of the planets, and before you say it yes I did look them up so I know which planets have moons and how many there are. The next stage would be to add some detail to the whole affair, such as lighting effects and materials, but for now it will remain as it is as I have a presentation I need to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment