Sunday 24 January 2010

Context 1 Assignment

Part A

My creativity, over the past few years, has been a combination of a way of getting into university, and thus improving myself, but also about being an outlet, for my thoughts and emotions. It has, for the most part, been a solitary experience for me, with limited group work. I do enjoy group work, but also find that I work better when I can act and work on my own idea in the way I like. Primarily this has always been about me, it has helped me through life at times, allowing me to release and show how I feel, but in the future it will be about other people, getting a message or a meaning across through my work. My way of working was my own decision, as I found that it is what has worked best for me. In the future I want my creativity to be able to allow me to get a point across, or a message. My main aim is to create something that others will be able to relate to, that will entertain or appease them.

Part B

Through research I hope to learn new abilities, new ways to communicate my feelings, my ideas, to other people. Research is a way to help me do this.
In terms of research I find that the descriptive path is one that I follow a lot, investigating a new program, concept or individual, to learn things about them that I didn't previously know. For me the explanatory research path is one that I feel is not relevant to my way of working. I do not often research to find out why something is, but how it is what it is. I'm more interested in the path taken to achieve the final product, as you learn more form the process then you do from the finished product, and learning more is what research is all about for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment