Saturday 3 April 2010

Finally getting the hang of this... sort of





Well I set myself the task of getting to know 3DS MAX over the Easter, thus giving myself a bit of a hand when I start the lair project. As such I borrowed a book from my library called the 3DS MAX 2009 Bible. This book is 1200 pages of tutorials and tips, starting from the basics and moving up to more complicated stuff. So here is the first tutorial I decided to have a go at, a cannon! There are several pictures, the more basic one is where the tutorial leads you too, giving you a basic cannon with out much detail or originality, or for that matter very much colour. The others show how I have edited the materials and added additional details, such as the pile of cannonballs and the handles on the back of it. I have also added a light source in the shape of the sun and a horizon line. Now that I am getting more used to the program I am really starting to enjoy using it, and seeing as this is the pathway I want to take next year this is certainly a good thing =p I will updating my blog with pictures of further projects I try, so keep checking to see what I have made =)

No comments:

Post a Comment